The Portal of Contemporary Artists
in all Artistic Disciplines
ArsPedia is a portal designed and created for every type of art form within which contemporary artists of every artistic discipline, whether famous or still unknown, will be able to find everything they need to best disseminate and promote their artistic activity in the world. It gives you the opportunity to create your own personal website and sell your art without any intermediation.
Copyright: All texts, works, images, videos, sounds and photos are protected by law. Therefore they are intended for exclusively Personal - Educational use and cannot be used nor published without explicitly requesting authorization via email from the artist who will evaluate the specific case from time to time.
Search Artist by Name, Category, Country, Region, Province or City
Poetry is among the oldest and most widespread forms of literary art, in almost all nations.
Poetry is a poetic text, usually divided into verses and sonnets , which is part of the literary genre called " lyrical ".
Combine words , meanings and aesthetic qualities. In it, the aesthetics of the language prevails over the content, whereby it uses different phonetic , syntactic and semantic devices.
Poetry is a text in which the author directly expresses personal feelings and opinions . The voice that manifests itself in poetry, that is, the poetic and imaginary subject created by the writer , is called the lyrical ego .
Who is the Poet?
A poet is an individual who dedicates himself to the creation of poetry . A poet is an artist who uses language creatively and sensitively to express emotions , ideas and concepts in poetic form . A poet can be both a professional and an amateur , and poetry can be his primary form of artistic expression or one of the many art forms he cultivates.
A poet is often characterized by his ability to capture the essence of human life and experiences, and to communicate them in an original and meaningful way through words . Poets can use a wide range of poetic techniques , such as the use of figures of speech, rhythm, rhyme, and vivid imagery to create emotional impact and stimulate reflection in readers.
Poets can explore a wide range of themes and topics in their poetry, including love , nature , spirituality , politics, society, and the exploration of the inside of the human being . Poetry can be both intimately personal and universally relevant, as poets often seek to connect with common human experience.
The figure of the poet has been revered in many cultures and traditions, considered as a sensitive observer, a guardian of the beauty of language and an interpreter of the human soul . Poets can be influential in society, contributing to critical reflection , artistic inspiration, and creating a sense of emotional and spiritual connection.
In conclusion, a poet is an individual who creates poetry , using language creatively to express emotions, ideas, and concepts. Poets are artists who explore themes and topics through the use of poetic techniques , and can play a significant role in influencing society and connecting people through their poetry.
What is Poetry?
Poetry is an artistic form that is expressed through the use of language in a creative and rhythmic way. It is considered one of the oldest and most powerful forms of human expression , with a long history dating back thousands of years.
Poetry uses a combination of words, sounds, images, and figures of speech to convey emotions , ideas , and concepts in an aesthetic and symbolic way. It is often distinguished from prose by its rhythmic structure, use of rhyme schemes, arrangement of words on the page, and use of figures of speech such as metaphors, similes, and personification.
One of the distinctive aspects of poetry is its evocative power . Poetry can arouse intense emotions , stimulate reflection and contemplation, or capture the essence of an experience in a more profound and evocative way than other forms of writing. It can be used to express personal feelings , reflect on human nature, address social and political issues, or simply to celebrate the beauty of language and creativity.
Poetry can be written in various styles and forms , such as sonnets, odes, ballads, free lyrics, and haiku , to name a few. Each form has its own specific characteristics and conventions, but poetry in general offers authors great expressive freedom and a wide range of linguistic possibilities.
Finally, poetry is often read aloud or recited , allowing the listener to fully grasp the musicality and intonation of the words . Spoken poetry can add an extra layer of meaning and emotional involvement to the poetic experience.
In short, poetry is an art that is expressed through the creative use of language , aiming to arouse emotion, stimulate reflection, and capture the essence of the human experience.
What does a poet do?
A poet carries out various activities in the course of his poetic practice.
Here are some of the things a poet can do:
- Writing poems: Writing is the fundamental aspect of a poet's activity. A poet creates poems using language creatively and sensitively. This may include word choice, poetic structure and form , use of figures of speech, and exploration of significant themes and topics.
- Research and Reflection: A poet may engage in research and reflection on topics that inspire their poetry. They can read literary works, study the history and theory of poetry , explore other art forms, and seek inspiration from everyday life.
- Revising and Editing: After writing a poem, a poet takes time to revise and edit their work. This may include eliminating unnecessary words, adjusting rhythm and structure, finding more precise expression, or adding elements that enrich the meaning.
- Reading and Study: A poet can read works by other poets to broaden his or her knowledge and appreciate different poetic forms, styles, and themes. Reading can be an important source of inspiration and a way to learn from other writers.
- Performance and recitation: Some poets perform publicly, reciting their poems at events or shows . Recitation can add an element of emphasis , rhythm and intonation to words, bringing the poem to new life and engaging the audience more directly.
- Publishing and Sharing: A poet may seek to publish their poems in anthologies , literary magazines, or books . Sharing one's poetry can also take place through blogs, online platforms or social media, allowing the poet to reach a wider audience.
- Participation in the poetry community: A poet can involve himself in the poetry community by participating in workshops , reading gatherings, literary festivals, or writing groups . These interactions can provide opportunities for sharing, discussion, and feedback with other poets.
It is important to point out that the activities of a poet can vary from individual to individual. Each poet develops their own personal style and approach to poetry, and their experiences and interests will influence the activities they undertake in their poetic journey.
What are the genres of poetry?
Poetry can be classified into various genres, depending on the themes, style or form used.
Here are some of the most common genres of poetry:
- Lyrical Poetry: Lyrical poetry focuses on the expression of the poet's personal feelings and emotions. This genre includes love poems, elegies, odes, sonnets and free lyrics.
- Epic Poetry: Epic poetry tells heroic and grandiose stories , often related to mythology, history, or legend. Epic poems such as Homer's Iliad and Odyssey are famous examples of epic poetry.
- Narrative Poetry: Narrative poetry tells a story or event through the use of verse . This category may include ballads , epics, epics , and narrative poems that address historical or mythological topics.
- Descriptive Poetry: Descriptive poetry seeks to capture the physical appearance or sensory qualities of a person , place, object, or situation. It may involve detailed, vivid descriptions of visual images, smells, sounds, or tactile sensations.
- Dramatic Poetry: Dramatic poetry is written to be recited or performed like a play. It can include poetic dialogues between characters and poetic descriptions of emotions and actions.
- Satirical Poetry: Satirical poetry uses irony, sarcasm, and humor to criticize or mock people, institutions, or aspects of society. It is often used to highlight inconsistencies and hypocrisies through a satirical tone.
- Didactic Poetry: Didactic poetry aims to teach or provide instruction on a certain topic. It can be used to convey knowledge, morals, or values through the use of poetic forms.
- Pastoral poetry: Pastoral poetry explores pastoral, rural, or idyllic life , often featuring images of nature, countryside, and simple living. It may reflect a sense of tranquility, nostalgia, or idealization of the natural world.
- Experimental Poetry: Experimental poetry challenges traditional conventions and experiments with unconventional forms, styles, and techniques. This genre can include visual poetry, phonetic poetry, word collage, and other forms of innovative poetic exploration.
These are just some of the main genres of poetry. It is important to note that many poets can mix and combine elements of different genres or even create new genres through their creativity and innovation.
The Portal of Contemporary Artists
in all artistic disciplines
Search Poets in ArsPedia by Alphabetical order
All the Poets in ArsPedia
ARSPEDIA, art, contemporary art, contemporary artists,
"The Evolution of Contemporary Art: Creative Trends Redefining Art"
A break with tradition in contemporary art that has redefined the art scene
ARSPEDIA, ArsPedia Cultural Network, contemporary art, pittori, pittori contemporanei, pittura moderna, stili di pittuta,
Pittori Contemporanei: Esplorando l'Arte del Presente
L'arte contemporanea - Esplora l'arte contemporanea dei pittori moderni: stili unici, temi attuali e il futuro dell'arte.
PAINTING, F, Painters - F, ITALY, ARTISTI IN ARSPEDIA, PAINTERS, Marche, Ancona, Monsano, Pittori Italiani-F, Painter, Painter, ITALY, Italian painter, Ancona, Marche, Marchigiano, Monsano , Pittore Marchigiano, Pittrice Marchigiana, Pittrice Italiana, Maria Grazia Focanti, Marchigiana,
Maria Grazia Focanti
Maria Grazia Focanti
Italian painter, Marche painter, Monsano, Marche, Ancona, Italy, Italian
PAINTING, POETRY, SCULPTURE, I, Painter, Poet, Sculptor, Painters- I, Poets - I, Sculptors - I, ITALY, ARTISTI IN ARSPEDIA, PAINTERS, POETS, SCULPTORS, Marche, Ancona, Monsano, Pittori Italiani-I, Painter, Poet, ITALY, Italian poet, Italian painter, Incisore, Ancona, Marche, Marchigiano, Monsano , Incisore Marchigiano, Pittore Marchigiano, Poeta Marchigiano,
Italian painter, Italian engraver, Italian poet, Marche painter, Marche engraver, Marche poet, Marche, Ancona, Monsano
POETRY, LITERATURE, N, S, Poet, Poetess, Writer, Scrittrice, Poets - N, Poets - S, Writers - N, Writers - S, ITALY, ARTISTI IN ARSPEDIA, Sicily, Agrigento, POETS, WRITERS, Poet, poetess, Writer, Writer, ITALY, Italian poet, Italian writer, Sicily, Agrigento, Sicilian writer, Agrigento writer, Agrigento poetess, Italian poetess,
Writer-Poet-Italy-Sicily-Agrigento-Sicilian Writer-Sicilian Poet-Sicilian-Agrigentan-Italian Poet-Agrigentan
PAINTING, LITERATURE, COMIC, DIGITAL ART, F, M, Painter, Pittrice, Comic artist, Painters - F, Painters - M, Comic artists - F, Comic artists - M, ITALY, Digital Artists - F, Digital Artists - M, Readers, Readers - F, Readers - M, ARTISTI IN ARSPEDIA, Lazio, Rome, PAINTERS, WRITERS, COMIC ARTISTS, DIGITAL ARTISTS, Pittori Italiani-M, Painter, Painter, Reader, Cartoonist and/or Illustrator, Digital Artist, ITALY, Italian, Italian, Lazio, Lazio, Rome, Roman painter, Lazio painter,
Painter-Reader-Comic artist-Digital artist-Roman-Lazio-Rome-Roman painter-Roman comic artist-Digital artist-Painter-Lazio-Italian-Italy.
POETRY, LITERATURE, P, Poet, Poets - P, ITALY, Readers, Readers - P, ARTISTI IN ARSPEDIA, Friuli - Venezia Giulia, Trieste, POETS, READERS, Poet, Reader, ITALY, Italian, Italian poet, Friulian poet, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Trieste poet, Reader from Trieste, Trieste,
Poet-Reader-Italian- Italian poet-Triestine poet-Friuli Venezia Giulia-Trieste-Triestine reader-Italian reader - Friulian-Julian-Italy.
PAINTING, POETRY, SCULPTURE, M, Painter, Poet, Sculptor, Painters - M, Poets - M, Sculptors - M, ITALY, ARTISTI IN ARSPEDIA, Calabria, Catanzaro, PAINTERS, POETS, SCULPTORS, Pittori Italiani-M, Painter, Poet, Sculptor, ITALY, Italian, Italian poet, Calabrian, Italian painter, Italian sculptor, Catanzaro, Catanzaro,
Painter-Poet-Sculptor -Italian painter-Calabrian poet-Catanzaro sculptor-Catanzaro-Catanzaro poet - Catanzaro sculptor-Catanzaro painter-Italy.
PAINTING, POETRY, LITERATURE, D, Painter, Pittrice, Poet, Poetess, Writer, Scrittrice, Painters - D, Poets - D, Writers - D, ITALY, ARTISTI IN ARSPEDIA, Lazio, Rome, Civitavecchia, PAINTERS, POETS, WRITERS, Pittori Italiani-D, Painter, Painter, Poet, poetess, Writer, Writer, ITALY, Italian, Italian, Italian poet, Italian writer, Lazio, Lazio, Civitavecchia, Civitavecchia poet, Civitavecchia painter, Civitavecchia poetess, Rome, Lazio writer, Civitavecchia writer,
Ombretta Del Monte
Ombretta Del Monte
Painter-Poetess –Writer-Civitavecchia painter-Writer-Lazio painter-Poet –Rome-Civitavecchia-Lazio painter-Italian-Italy
PAINTING, COMIC, B, Painter, Comic artist, Painters - B, Comic artists - B, ITALY, ARTISTI IN ARSPEDIA, Lazio, Rome, Vicovaro, PAINTERS, COMIC ARTISTS, Pittori Italiani-B, Painter, Cartoonist and/or Designer, ITALY, Italian, Lazio, Lazio, Vicovaro, Vicovarese,
Italian painter, Italian illustrator, Lazio painter, Lazio illustrator, Vicovaro painter, Vicovaro illustrator, Vicovaro, Rome, Lazio, Italy.
POETRY, LITERATURE, D, Poets - D, Writers - D, ITALY, Abruzzo, Pescara, ARTISTI IN ARSPEDIA, Poet, Writer, ITALY, Italian, Abruzzo, Pescara, Italian poet, Italian writer, Abruzzese poet, Abruzzo writer, Pescara poet, Pescara writer,
Italian writer, Abruzzese writer, Pescara writer, Italian poet, Abruzzese poet, Pescara poet, Abruzzo, Pescara, Italy
Come le reti digitali stanno trasformando arte e architettura
L'arte come la conosciamo sta cambiando drasticamente, ma le risposte popolari e critiche sono in ritardo. In questo saggio illustrato tagliente, Davi